Connect IQ 2.3.0 Beta Now Available!
04/19/17 @ 07:00 AM
Connect IQ 2.3 beta is now available! The new Connect IQ 2.3 release adds major new features for Connect IQ 2 compatible devices as well as many features for the SDK:
Always Active Watch Faces
Other smart watches turn off their screens to save power and still only get a day of battery life. On the new Fenix 5 family and Forerunner 935, your custom watch faces are always on and update every second while still having industry leading battery life.
25 Hz/3-axis accelerometer access, Finite Impulse Response (FIR) and Infinite Impulse Response (IIR) filters allow developers to create new active lifestyle metrics and use cases.
Connect IQ apps can now start background services that can do periodic background processing, including communicating with web services, making your smart watch smarter than ever.
New Connect IQ debugger, Unit test framework integration with Eclipse, and new additions to the Monkey C language make Connect IQ easier to develop for. Also - SDK for Ubuntu!
Trial Apps - Coming Soon!
Customers download a locked version of your app, and come to you for the key. Bring Garmin customers to your services using Connect IQ. Contact our developer program for details.
We’ll be talking about these features at the Connect IQ Developer Summit. Keep watching the blog for updates.
To get started with the new beta, follow these instructions:
- Because we have a beta version of the Connect IQ Plug-in, we encourage developers to download a fresh installation of Eclipse Neon for Java Developers. This separates your beta and production Connect IQ environments.
- In the top menu, go to Help > Install New Software
- Use the Add… button to add http://developer.garmin.com/downloads/connect-iq/beta/eclipse/
- Check the box next to Connect IQ in the list and hit Next
- Dependent plug-in modules may need to be downloaded and installed. When this is complete, restart Eclipse to complete the installation.
- Use the steps from the Programmers Guide to configure the plug-in
- Use Connect IQ > Open SDK Manager to get the latest SDK
You can also download beta firmware for the following devices:
We will update the post as more betas are posted. We’ve been working on this release for a long time and are excited to see what you will create with it. Get started today!
Categories: Connect IQ SDK