07/08/16 @ 04:05 PM
Garmin customers are many things; they are athletes, aviators, sailors, snowboarders, ATV enthusiasts, race car drivers and much more! These active end-users want to tell a better story combining high-definition video with G-Metrix™ data to record those activities. Garmin has a developer program for that! Please visit our VIRB® Network Services API site to learn more about this program and its endless possibilities. The email@example.com team can provide any technical assistance you require.
08/05/15 @ 08:29 AM
Supporting the various unique and interesting requests of the action camera community is important to Garmin, and we are pleased to announce an API publication for wireless interaction with the VIRB X and VIRB XE action cameras! The VIRB Network Services API allows developers to build a direct connection to one or more cameras into applications on all kinds of Wi-Fi-enabled devices. Having access to the camera allows an application to create seamless interactions with the camera and harness the streams of video, photo and data to meet all kinds of unique needs.
VIRB XE cameras are discoverable through the API, allowing an application to see and connect to multiple cameras simultaneously. Monitoring and configuring the status of the connected camera(s) is possible and also allows direct control of the camera(s). Setting a camera configuration, controlling multiple cameras at one time, and more are available. Real-Time monitoring of the video and audio streams in both preview and record modes is possible, along with full file browsing and transfer after the recording is finished or photos are captured.
Building a multi-camera viewer, automated transfer tool or scripts to control legions of cameras are all possible using this new API. We can’t wait to see what you do with it - build something with us!
01/05/15 @ 07:01 AM
We’re excited to announce that our developer blog is now up and running. Right here is where you’ll find insights into the products and technology behind each of our developer programs:
- Connect IQ SDK — Develop watch faces, data fields, widgets and apps for our wearable devices.
- Garmin Connect API — Access robust data for timed activities that are generated from Garmin devices for your website or application.
- Wellness Program — Develop custom applications for health and fitness data generated through Garmin devices with our Health API.
- Fleet Management — Manage your fleet with our fleet management interface, protocols, and APIs built into select devices.
- Custom Maps — Design and build custom maps that can be easily loaded on our devices.
- Custom POIs & Voices — Build secure POIs, travel guides and voices for a variety of our devices.
- Open Source — See the archives for our Open Source software-based products.
- VIRB Program — Control, configure and stream VIRB action cameras using the VIRB Network Services API.
- ANT Wireless Networks — Wireless connections for sensors and devices for sports, fitness and more.
To keep tabs on the latest news and hints that will help turn you into a productive Garmin developer, subscribe to the blog via RSS today. And if you have any questions, you can always check out our forum or Stack Overflow, or you can contact us directly. It’s a great time get started as a Garmin developer!