09/02/16 @ 01:40 PM
Developers have long requested an easier way to process data in the Connect API testing environment and we listened! We are pleased to announce the addition of a PUSH API simulator to the Connect API developer program. The simulator emulates the behavior of API data transfer when an end-user uploads an activity Garmin Connect. This tool mimics both correct and incorrect calls to ensure your process was employed correctly and to help diagnose any implementation issues. If you are a current developer, we hope you are enjoying this new tool. Not yet a developer but are interested in becoming one? Please contact us at email@example.com to discuss the program.
08/02/16 @ 05:07 PM
One of the most exciting new features in Aikido/Biker Monkey is the ability to contribute workout information. Data Fields and device apps will now be allowed to record new information to the current activity and have that information displayed on Garmin Connect. This will open up the ability to record new metrics from ANT sensors, contribute new workouts, and support entirely new activities both on the device and in the cloud. We call this the “Full Circle Experience”: your app now can be downloaded to a device, record information, and be shared on Connect.
04/12/16 @ 12:33 PM
We are pleased to announce the upcoming release of the FIT SDK 2.0!
This release includes many small upgrades to enhance performance and functionality, but the star of the show is the addition of customizable data fields. Developers have long requested the ability to add dedicated metrics to highlight their specialized programs — and we listened. The new data fields can be coded to your specifications and then easily shared with other FIT developers.
Moving forward, most devices will primarily support the creation of FIT 2.0 files, so if you intend to continue development using FIT files, then it is very important that you update. If you do not update, your program will not be able to correctly decode the new 2.0 files without breaking your application data flow.
This exciting update is currently scheduled to release in Q2 2016 but please feel free to visit the thisisant.com/resources/fit site to see if we release an early beta version - wink wink. Please join the discussion at our FIT forums located at thisisant.com/forum/viewforum/27/ to address any questions or concerns you have.
We look forward assisting in your success as you continue to Build Something with Us!
01/05/15 @ 07:01 AM
We’re excited to announce that our developer blog is now up and running. Right here is where you’ll find insights into the products and technology behind each of our developer programs:
- Connect IQ SDK — Develop watch faces, data fields, widgets and apps for our wearable devices.
- Garmin Connect API — Access robust data for timed activities that are generated from Garmin devices for your website or application.
- Wellness Program — Develop custom applications for health and fitness data generated through Garmin devices with our Health API.
- Fleet Management — Manage your fleet with our fleet management interface, protocols, and APIs built into select devices.
- Custom Maps — Design and build custom maps that can be easily loaded on our devices.
- Custom POIs & Voices — Build secure POIs, travel guides and voices for a variety of our devices.
- Open Source — See the archives for our Open Source software-based products.
- VIRB Program — Control, configure and stream VIRB action cameras using the VIRB Network Services API.
- ANT Wireless Networks — Wireless connections for sensors and devices for sports, fitness and more.
To keep tabs on the latest news and hints that will help turn you into a productive Garmin developer, subscribe to the blog via RSS today. And if you have any questions, you can always check out our forum or Stack Overflow, or you can contact us directly. It’s a great time get started as a Garmin developer!