We’re happy to announce new releases of the Communicator Plugin as well as the Communicator Plugin API! The Communicator Plugin is released at version 2.2.1 and the API at version 1.3. The main features we’ve added are full fitness transfers, Mac plugin support, and activity directory and detail reading. This last feature allows retrieval of specific activities and decreases the size of data transfers. More features are described below.
New features in the plugin and the API:
- Added the capability to read and write courses, workouts and user profile to fitness devices such as the Edge 305 and Forerunner 305.
- Added the capability to plan trips by writing locations to SD cards without a GPS device present.
- Added the capability to allow a web site to read a directory of fitness activities or courses and then just retrieve details for individual activities.
- Added a property to allow web sites to retrieve fitness data in compressed format.
- Added the ability to retrieve data from the Forerunner 50.
- Fixed exception when plug-in was loaded into a browser embedded in an application.
- Once a user has confirmed to the Garmin Communicator that they trust a particular web site directory, pages at or below that directory level are always trusted.
A quick way to try out these features after installing the plugin is to use our Control Demo Page. More feature-specific demos will be added to Garmin Developer documenting how to integrate features into your own site.
We advise web developers to use our versioned API when linking to the code on developer.garmin.com to maintain consistent functionality throughout our new releases.